Saturday, April 2, 2011

Birthday Weekend


I got to spend my weekend with these cute kids and their moms. This picture is about a year and a half old...I didn't take my camera this weekend, and I really don't think they slowed down long enough for us to take a picture anyway! Their moms are my friends Jean and Mandy...I tried to find a picture of us together, but I'm sure they will be happy that I couldn't! We have known each other since the fall of 1997...closing in on 14 years! It's hard to believe! We met in seminary. We all went there pretty much knowing no one...I think we had all met MAYBE one or two people beforehand that would be there with us. We lived in a small all girls dorm called Kramer...we were affectionately called the "Kramer girls." There were, at most, 20 of us that lived there. That year was truly one of the most fun years of my life...not only were there NUMEROUS adventures in Kramer, but I made some of my lifelong best friends there.

Fast forward 13+ years, and Jean and Mandy each have a 7 year old and a 9 year old...Jean's got the boys, Mandy the girls, and those kids love each other. They hadn't seen each other since the above picture was taken in July of 2009, but they fell in together like they'd seen each other yesterday. It's awesome to watch a new generation of friends! They have a lot of fun together, and we all predict puppy love in their pre-teens! We were all sad to part ways today, but it was a great 36 hours of fun, and we're planning to do it again soon.

On another note, I'm going to be looking at a lot of this

and this

in the coming weeks. My professor gave me the go ahead this week to take the sadly small amount of data I have collected and create my project with it. I've been given a defense timeline of the week of May 9th, so the paper has to be complete and in good shape by the end of April. I am so excited to finally be at this point...now I've just got to be at one with my computer and research!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek God's will in all you do, and God will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: