Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

These are a few of my favorite things right now.



My Kindle...oh how I love this thing! You can get whatever book you want in seconds, without the bulk and storage of physical book. I got mine for Christmas...in 3.5 months, I have probably read 10-15 books, and I doubt I would have done that with actual books. I have been catching up on Fern Michael's Sisterhood series...I was on book 6...now I'm on book 16. The only sad thing is that there are only 20 books in the series! Guess I have to catch up on something else next!



This is a Sodastream machine! My friend Jean had one of these when I went to visit her a few weeks ago, and I thought it was awesome! So awesome, that I treated myself to one for my birthday! The Sodastream is a home soda fountain. It makes one liter of soda at a time. You use your own water, attach the bottle to the Sodastream to carbonate it, and then add your syrup of choice. You can also make flavored carbonated waters. I just think it is a very cool way to be a little more "green" and also know a bit more about what you're drinking!


I've had my Ipod for a couple of years now, but I still love it. I particularly love being able to carry it in the car with me. I'm still playing with all the different apps, and figuring out what I can do with it!



Nike+Ipod sensor...this is the coolest gadget. If you are into walking/running, and want to keep up with time, speed, distance, calories, etc., this it the most awesome device. It syncs with the I-phone, or any Ipod touch 2nd generation or newer. You can buy a connector for any other Ipod, though. It is made to fit into the sole of a certain type of Nike running shoe, but you can also buy a case for it to attach to the laces of the running shoe of your choice. Tonight, I wanted to walk 5K, so I was able to type into my Ipod that I wanted to measure distance. While I was listening to music on my Ipod, the app would tell me what my pace was, how far I had gone, etc. I am sold, and for only $19, it is definitely a cost effective gadget (if you already have the Ipod...LOL!).

I fear I am turning into my father, buying the newest fun gadget at the drop of a hat, but I'm actually okay with that! I LOVE GADGETS!

This weekend is going to be devoted to hammering out my paper, and then Sunday, I head for NC to help my girls paint and decorate their rooms! SPRING BREAK...just 3 more days...and thankfully, spring has finally sprung...Happy Spring!








1 comment:

Tiffany said...

All good stuff! I have not tried the soda maker, but I know at least four people who would like too!

Tiffany