Friday, March 18, 2011

For Those Who Wonder What's Going On!

I've got so much going on in my life that I thought I would revisit the blog I created more than 2 years ago but did nothing with. I have several journeys that I want to keep track of, and what better way than this?

Journey 1: I am deep in the throes of Master's project insanity. Graduation was supposed to happen in December but everything did not align just right, so I'm looking at project completion by mid-May and "official" graduation in August. For those who do not know, I am working on my second Master's degree at Clemson. I will receive a Master of Science Degree in Youth Development Leadership....this leads to Journey 2.

Journey 2: Soon, I will begin to put out my feelers for jobs. Due to Journey 3, which I will talk about shortly, I will be looking in the vicinity of Upstate South Carolina so that I can be in close proximity to my nuclear family AND my extended "family". With a degree in Youth Development Leadership, anything having to do with youth programming is fair game. My dream is to eventually begin some kind of community center in Greer. Greer doesn't have a place like that and I've always envied cities and towns that do. In the meantime, I am interested in the not for profit sector...Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Club, Communities in Schools. I love my current job as an assistant to moderately mentally disabled kiddos, so if that is where God continues to lead me, that is where I will stay until God leads me elsewhere!

Journey 3: I am in the VERY VERY beginning stages of adoption. For me that means that I am researching options, researching agencies, and beginning to tuck away extra funds. I STRONGLY feel God calling me to adopt, but there are so many options, and I can't yet focus on just one. They all appeal to me, and I am very excited to be in this thoughtful stage!

Journey 4: I continue to volunteer at my church, Greer First Presbyterian, with our wonderful youth...most of the youth I work with now are kids who were born when I first joined the church and throughout my college years. It has been so fun watching them grow up, and it is awesome to observe the adults they are becoming. In the next few months, there are a number of activities that I will include on here.

So there you have it...4 different adventures, and those certainly don't include my travels, which I hope to include on here too! I hope you will read my updates and keep me in your prayers!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Treva said...

How exciting! I pray for continued wisdom and guidance on all these journeys! Much love to you!

the slatten's said...

i had no idea you had so much on your plate!!!! you handle it so well. i'm especially liking the adoption journey!!!!

Tiffany said...

Welcome back....we will be looking forward to following along!

Tiffany